The school exit profile articulates the vision for student achievement.
- achieve academic and creative excellence
- develop skills and talents across a broad range of areas
- become reflective and independent learners responsible for their own growth
- develop emotional resilience, self-confidence and the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- develop a commitment to fairness and equity, a recognition of their responsibility to the wider community and a strong sense of social justice
Fort Street has contributed to Australian society by producing outstanding citizens including:
In Politics: Australia’s first prime minister, Sir Edmund Barton, Sir John Kerr, Neville Wran, H.V. Evatt, high court judges, Sir Garfield Barwick, Michael Kirby, Explorer: Douglas Mawson, In Medicine: Dr John Yu (Australian of the Year 1996), In the Arts and Media: artist Margaret Preston, Media Personalities: Deborah Hutton, Mary Kostakidis, Film Director: Rowan Woods, 1999 Australian ABC Young Performer of the Year: Claire Edwardes, Olympian: Marlene Mathews, and Olympic 2000 gold medallists: Liz Weeks and Taryn Woods.